Monday, March 2, 2009

The robot war begins to take shape



One thing new to all of us (as far as I know) with this production is the integration of robots and human actors. Personally, I'm trying to encourage bitterness and animosity between the two camps. (Me: "Those sons of bitches are only in the show for 5 minutes, tops, and they're total primadonnas.") But the humans who tend the 'bots are all lovely people. I'm sure they're only trying to ingratiate themselves with their future overlords. Fat chance, suckers!

On the bright side, we fleshfolk typically don't have to show up till half an hour after the robo-scum, so I shouldn't complain too much. When we unionize, I'm going to demand that we, too, get 45 minutes to boot up every night, and at least one crash per rehearsal. Also, when I forget my lines (a nightly occurrence thus far) I am going to spin around in circles for 5 minutes until I'm ready to give it another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment